[governance] Hmmmm... Google: "Internet Freedom!"... (from taxes?

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sun Dec 9 01:32:35 EST 2012

On Friday 07 December 2012 09:39 PM, Milton L Mueller wrote:

> So, you object to the use of the term 'US exceptionalism'! You are  on
> record asserting repeatedly that you think ICANN should continue to be
> subject to US laws, at least in the areas of regulation of
> non-profits, competition and FoE...... presumable more...... (in any
> case an entity is either subject to a jurisdiction, or it is not;
> there are no choices available for an entity to be subject to some
> laws and not others).
>
> */[Milton L Mueller] One last attempt to salvage an informed, honest
> discussion of this issue./*

Milton,

An informed honest discussion indeed is possible, and required, on this
important matter, just if you could rein in your haughty impatience
('last attempt' 'no point discussing this further' kind of stuff) and
not refer to your interlocutors as 'people with no real ideas' and as
someone who cannot be expected to know the difference between one branch
of economics and other.... Just try it. You will sound much more
persuasive in your arguments that way....

parminder