[governance] IGP proposal for ICANN reform

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 22:59:41 EST 2012

You may have wanted to attempt joining the ATRT2 Review Team as
announced by icann and the dates have now ended at this stage because
that would have been the immediate space to challenge this:

http://www.icann.org/en/news/in-focus/accountability
ATRT 2 - ICANN now invites interested individuals to apply for a
position of Volunteer Review Team Member, representing a Supporting
Organization or Advisory Committee, or for position of Independent
Expert on the second Accountability and Transparency Review Team (ATRT
2). Please read the Call for Applicants to find details on the
application procedure, mission, timeline, mandate, desired skillset
etc. Should you wish to participate in this key process, please email
your application to rtcandidatures at icann.org by Wednesday, 5 December
– 23:59 UTC. http://www.icann.org/en/news/in-focus/accountability

But I don't know how the Testimony system works in the US but I you
may want to attempt to build a lobby in the US that can testify in
front of some kind of a congressional team that manages the
communications and Internet issues in the US. That would be your
strongest touch down at this stage if it can be attempted but again, I
don't know how the testimony system works, how do you request to
appear before or call upon a congressional committee. This may be the
first step to make ICANN become attentive. The second way is a
law-suit, I don't know if anti-trust applies to this? As you say there
were stakeholders that were supporting this then you have something to
challenge with.

--
Regards.