[governance] Multi-stakeholder model, evolution and revolution

Andrea Glorioso andrea at digitalpolicy.it
Tue Dec 4 23:30:12 EST 2012

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 5:04 AM, Diego Rafael Canabarro <
diegocanabarro at gmail.com> wrote:

> Your research question is very interesting, Andrea. I wonder if your
> departure point is similar to mine: considering legacy, can there be real
> disjunctive events in the field of Internet governance?

To be honest the question came from John Curran, but I admit this was
something I've been wondering for quite a while. It seems to me discussions
and debates in this field are rather repetitive and the overall structures
/ processes do not really seem designed to allow "disruptive" ideas to
emerge (never mind whether / how they could be implemented). But it might
be just my anecdotal impression and this is why I was asking if some
serious research had been done.

I also have the impression these discussions suffer very much from
"Internet exceptionalism", and this is why I was asking if research on
multi-stakeholder systems in other areas had been conducted.

Ciao,

--
I speak only for myself. Sometimes I do not even agree with myself. Keep it
in mind.