[governance] Tangential (On Exceptionalism Wikileaks) America's vassal acts decisively and illegally

Tapani Tarvainen tapani.tarvainen at effi.org
Sun Aug 19 00:19:24 EDT 2012

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 01:54:14AM +0700, Norbert Klein (nhklein at gmx.net) wrote:

> >The Assange case

> But why this:
>
> " For more than 19 months now, the Swedish government has refused to
> explain why he could not be questioned in the UK."

In my eyes, that is perhaps the most suspicious thing in the whole affair.
Even remembering the old maxim that one should not invoke malice where
stupidity is sufficient explanation, and remembering how obstinate
officials can sometimes be, I can't help wondering why they haven't
addressed this in public, not even to the extent of digging out some
obscure detail of Swedish law that'd prevent it.

--
Tapani Tarvainen