[governance] Tangential (On Exceptionalism Wikileaks) America's vassal acts decisively and illegally

Koven Ronald kovenronald at aol.com
Mon Aug 20 03:45:31 EDT 2012

As you are not a journalist, I guess, dear Koven, you may freely    write your opinion on this list...

I'm afraid that's unfactual, virtual mind-reading. I represent a journalistic NGO, the World Press Freedom Committee, and have been a reporter and editor at the Herald Tribune, the Washington Post and the Boston Globe.

My concern in following the list is the furtherance and preservation of freedom of expression and press freedom, on- and offline,

Assange's actions have raised press freedom issues, In February, I organized a major conference for my group at UNESCO HQ on the fallout for journalism of the WikiLeaks document-dumping approach. Two British lawyers who have represented Assange were amongst the speakers. It was rather like an IGF. We exchanged observations and ideas but issued no general conclusions.