[governance] GAC Advice Register

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Fri Aug 3 16:00:13 EDT 2012

In message
<855077AC3D7A7147A7570370CA01ECD21DCB2F at SUEX10-mbx-10.ad.syr.edu>, at
18:39:46 on Fri, 3 Aug 2012, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> writes
>> You don't think the facets of the Internet that the ITU might want to
>> control are wider than the rather small subset dealt with by ICANN?
>>
>> Settlement peering and cybersecurity, for example.
>
>Roland, this may come across as a back-handed comment but I can't
>think of a better way to put it, and my concern is to "put your
>heart at ease."

Haven't we had this conversation before? There's a difference between
"want to control" and "will control" or even "do a useful job if put in
control".

ps. Regarding settlement peering, look at D.50 for an agenda that just
won't die.
--
Roland Perry