[governance] Completely Ignored [was East Africa IGF - day 2, discussion of ITRs]

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Thu Aug 2 04:17:02 EDT 2012

Hi Sala

On Wednesday 25 July 2012 01:04 AM, Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro wrote:
> Dear Parminder and Peng Hwa,
>
> I hope you can find common ground. There may be differences in what we
> perceive to be "methodology"

no, this is not a 'methodology' issue, it is very substantive.

> but that should not stop continued engagement and interaction. We
> would encourage you to try and sort this is a
> logistical/administrative conflict offline.

I am most surprised by your continued undermining of the very important
issues of participation, accountability and transparency of events
describing themselves as regional IGFs, calling them all kinds of names
- methodological, logistical, administrative etc.... It is quite funny
too, since this list has seldom done much more that stood up for
multi-stakeholderism in IG. Why wouldn't you consider MSism a
methodology/ admin/ logistical issue.

One is further disappointed, especially since you are a co-coordinator
of the IGC, that you want this important discussion to be taken offline.

> (snip)
> As has been mentioned the Secretariat has developed guidelines.

I am sure you would have read them, so can I ask you if you consider
them good and sufficient guidelines. In my view, it is these IGF
secretariat guidelines that you can safely call as methodological/
administrative/ logistical, rather than the substantive discussions on
representativity, participation, transparency etc that I am seeking.

regards,
Parminder