DRAFT: PLEASE COMMENT JOVAN/VLADA Re: [governance] May consultation: IGC input RP and access

Deirdre Williams williams.deirdre at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 09:07:10 EDT 2012

Oops - I need to be more careful - too much multi-tasking - doing tax forms
at the same time.
My intention was to respond to what seemed to be an overall movement to put
both issues in the same basket.
Certainly there is a lot of common ground but I think the people with
disabilities have some extra needs which might be overlooked if RP and PWD
are put together.

On 30 April 2012 08:48, Roland Perry <roland at internetpolicyagency.com>wrote:

> In message <CAMz5XN6UmOe4X3U-**DNTJsSnURUqu0p47G0-xWGKf8H=xfW**
> m80Q at mail.gmail.com <xfWm80Q at mail.gmail.com>>, at 08:24:44 on Mon, 30 Apr
> 2012, Deirdre Williams <williams.deirdre at gmail.com> writes
>
>  I also think that we should look at RP the other way round too. Currently
>> it isn't possible to make not being physically present the same as being
>> physically present. Therefore we at least should be clear about what are
>> MUST HAVES and what may come later.
>>
>> Also I think it is vital NOT TO conflate RP with access for people with
>> disabilities. They are both separate and important issues, and both of them
>> deserve individual attention
>>

> My point is that the same solution is equally useful to either community.
> I wasn't making a judgement about which community
> "deserved" the solution more than the other.
> --
> Roland Perry

>     http://www.igcaucus.org/

“The fundamental cure for poverty is not money but knowledge" Sir William
Arthur Lewis, Nobel Prize Economics, 1979