[governance] New MAG announced

Katitza Rodriguez katitza at eff.org
Fri Apr 27 13:02:03 EDT 2012

There is one important comment.

I'm not sure if the Secretariat believes that all civil society members
need to be an IGC member and report to the IGC nor if IGC list is
consider the mailing list for civil society. I infer this because there
are civil society in the MAG who are not in IGC nor put forward by IGC.
I'm not arguing that everyone should be here (I think that this hasn't
been discussed). At the same time, the Secretariat/UN composition of MAG
is seems to be a fair one.  This is why I did not expect that everyone
from civil society will necessarily report to the IGC. They can report
to their own members according to this rule. Do we like this or not?
That needs to be discussed. It is a question that I believe it haven't
been tackled (and it will help MAG members knows their obligations) far
beyond reporting to their own members/groups.

"All Advisory Group members serve in their personal capacity,
          but are expected to have extensive linkages with their
          respective stakeholder groups."

--
Katitza Rodriguez
International Rights Director
katitza at eff.org
katitza at datos-personales.org (personal email)

Please support EFF - Working to protect your digital rights and freedom of speech since 1990