[governance] ITU Broadband Commission

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Sat Apr 7 06:30:33 EDT 2012

On Apr 7, 2012, at 4:42 AM, Riaz K Tayob wrote:

> But there is a good core of people here that question the dominant debates (and most importantly the framing of debates) that ensures that these (?pseudo-) liberals do not hold the monopoly on the debates.

Questioning the framing of the dominant debates is fine academic exercise.
Deciding not to participate in them on principle is more interesting question,
along the lines of MLK's ‘If you confront a man who has been cruelly misusing
you, and say “Punish me, if you will; I do not deserve it, but I will accept it,
so that the world will know I am right and you are wrong,” then you wield a
powerful and just weapon.’    The assumption being, of course, that the
world even notices your decision not to participate at all in these debates...

/John

Disclaimer:  My views alone.  Warning - the consumption of raw or underprepared
viewpoints may significantly increase your risk of mental health illness.