[governance] Syria

Qusai AlShatti qshatti at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 16:44:10 EDT 2011

Dear All:
The situation in Syria for all Internet activists is grief and dangerous.
They are currently the only source of information about what is going on in
Syria (beside government sources). Actually they are
the only source of information even for world media after the restrictions
imposed on journalists.

They are doing a wonderful job on providing details of events and publishing
photos and you tube clips which are all published and broadcasted by world
media. Although they are acting with courage and without fear, they are
performing their activities under severe circumstances and life threatening
situation. Having someone from them talking about the situation in Syria may
be too risky for them and will endanger their safety. We should avoid that
although we are keen to hear from them.

An alternative is to seek a Syrian activists who is outside of Syria and in
contact with Internet activists inside Syria to tell us about the situation.

Regards,

Qusai

On Thursday, September 8, 2011, Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro <
salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
> Is there anyone on this list from Syria or Iran? It would be interesting
to hear of the situation in Syria from your perspective.