[governance] Syria

Walid AL-SAQAF <alkasir admin> admin at alkasir.com
Fri Sep 9 04:12:33 EDT 2011

Hi again,

I second Qusai's view on that and I certainly believe that direct
communication with them is quite risky for them unless they take extra
precautionary measures (Technical Tech guide useful here).

As for your last question Salanieta on the rule of law in Syria, this is the
answer:

Well I don't think the rule of law even exists in here or even used to
> exist.
> before the revolution, bribery used to change anything in the law , it
> could release a murderer and set him free , what can be worse than that ?
> nowadays I don't think that anyone related to the government or the
> government it self follows anything related to the law by just looking at
> the way of treating it's people own people.
> When The President Assad started what he call "The Reform Campaign" he
> canceled a law that's called "Emergency Law" and he made a new law witch
> took Emergency Law's place and he called it "Anti-Terrorism Act" قانون
> مكافحة الإرهاب.
> That's clearly makes each and everyone who participate in protesting or
> joining the revolution a "Terrorist".
> On Syria news channel after they have been forced to admit that the people
> are protesting in the country, whenever people protest they call them
> Terrorists or Armed Terrorists On TV.
> After the President canceled "The Emergency Law" it just became more worse
> , They started to Arrest like 100 or more at once without any warning in
> different areas in Syria.
> I think its so obvious to know that the rule of law doesn't exist in here.
> If you want some explanation about "The Emergency Law" you can find in here
> :  شرح قانون الطوارئ في سوريا<http://ejabat.google.com/ejabat/thread?tid=0d949df63ba46ee8&pli=1>
> This is another link for قانون مكافحة الإرهاب<http://www.sooryoon.net/?p=20635>

I hope that is useful.

Sincerely,

Walid

Walid Al-Saqaf
Founder & Administrator
alkasir for mapping and circumventing cyber censorship
https://alkasir.com <walid.al-saqaf at oru.se>