[governance] Is really Bulgarian Cyrillic .бг (.bg) similar to other Latin ccTLDs?

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 17:15:13 EDT 2011

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 10:02 AM, Petko Kolev <petko.kolev49 at gmail.com>wrote:

> To make the problem even worse, the Greek IDN ccTLD proposal .ελ was
> rejected because of similarity problems with the non-existent ccTLD
> .EA in Capitals only. - .ΕΛ

Hi Petko!  I am sorry to hear this, they look so different to me, at least.
I hope you comment on the Greek Variant Project but you are probably
already involved in the studies??? It would also be great if you could
invite the general Greek community from all over the world to comment on
the Greek Variant Report which is on the link that I sent earlier.

> Petko
>
> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 10:04 PM, Tapani Tarvainen
> <tapani.tarvainen at effi.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 01:15:02PM -0400, Avri Doria (avri at psg.com)
> wrote:
> >

> >> ageed on .бг & .br
> >> disagree on .it & .lt  or .IT & .LT
> >>
> >> but think that if .it & .lt is acceptable then .бг & .br should be as
> well
> >
> > Yeah. I guess the likelyhood of confusion is more or less
> > comparable (and acceptably small) in either case.
> >
> > --
> > Tapani Tarvainen
> >     http://www.igcaucus.org/

>     http://www.igcaucus.org/