[governance] the forthcoming MAG meeting and open consultations

Jean-Louis FULLSACK jlfullsack at orange.fr
Tue May 3 11:04:45 EDT 2011

Dear Parminder

i do share your serious concerns as well as your standpoints, particularly on this recurrent issue of financing the effective participation of CS representatives from DCs, which is one of the most regretable failures of the WSIS. IMHO this causes an unbearable distortion in CS representation and makes "MSHism" totally meaningless.

That's why the WSIS follow-up isn't but a repetitive series of self-celebrating and self-promoting sessions rather than a real open discussion and debate on actual issues and a common search of suitable solutions ! In fact this process is far from being a Forum : take just a look on this year's, programme with its "high level (?) sessions" !

However, I'll regret your absence during this week in Geneva, both at a personal and a collective standpoint. I do hope that some DCs are present at least through their diaspora. but this necessitates a collaborative work being done ahead of the Forum. Not obvious ...

Let me just add that the dissolution of IGF in this WSIS process without consistency, spirit and goal, means a "1st class burial" for the IGF, as well as for the Financing Mechanisms for WSIS goals in DCs, the second hot potatoe of the WSIS, that I'm asking for since the first prepcoms of the Tunis phase. With the success you can check in reading the 2011 Forum programme ...

With my friendliest greetings ... and regrets

Jean-Louis Fullsack
CSDPTT - France