[governance] Is This An Issue for Internet Governance/Internet Human Rights?

Deirdre Williams williams.deirdre at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 10:25:55 EDT 2011

I would think that it is a fundamental internet governance issue going to
basic concerns like trust and responsibility and how these work "online".
Try reading the argument while leaving out any references to "Google"
specifically.
When the crunch comes it would appear that currently, legally, "we" have no
rights at all.
Deirdre

On 21 July 2011 10:16, Kerry Brown <kerry at kdbsystems.com> wrote:

> I would be as outraged as the person writing the blog but I don't
> understand how this is an internet governance issue. It seems to me it is an
> issue between an individual and a company providing a service. Should we
> regulate how companies run their business or should we leave that up to the
> current legal system? Without a lot of thought I'd say leave it to the
> current legal system but I'd be very interested in hearing an alternate
> view.
>
> Kerry Brown

“The fundamental cure for poverty is not money but knowledge" Sir William
Arthur Lewis, Nobel Prize Economics, 1979