AW: AW: [governance] CSTD IX. Conclusions and recommendations

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Thu Jan 27 04:05:01 EST 2011

A short process observation first - CSTD IX is the last part of the
draft structure relating to what may be the conclusions and recs of the
WGIGF and not about recs or outcomes from the IGF itslef, which is part
III , 'shaping the outcomes of the IGF meeting. Anyway...

Kleinwächter, Wolfgang wrote:

> Parminder:
> However, too much of 'one said this and other said that' would not work. We need to be able to close the gaps at least in some key areas, and evne if differences remain - they can, for instance, be put into 2 or ore clear models (as WGIG did about oversight models).
>
> Wolfgang:
> This is exactly what I propose. In the WGIG there was no consensus on oversight. So we did send the message to the Summit : "one group says this (model 1), one group says this (model 2) etc." This does not solve the problem but it helps to clear the air.

Wolfgang, I completely agree with you here. But the docs so produced
should have a good amount of completeness and represent some step
forward. Of course some thing substantially more that Chair's summary
that has been givne till now, or even an additional point wise short
summary as came out of Vilnius. What that additional thing cna be and
how it can and should come about requires us to get into a serious
exercise. And I keep repeating, that is one of the most important tasks
to do at present.

parminder

--
PK