[governance] New membership database: choose your own username

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Thu Jan 6 06:33:43 EST 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-05 at 22:23 +1100, Don Cameron wrote:
> Pardon my ignorance - but I do not understand who authorised these
> changes – isn’t the decision-making process of this group one of lazy
> consensus ala the FOSS/Apache model where changes are discussed prior
> to implementation? Are all the changes now reversed? It would be great
> if we could rewind and discuss the need and options – I’m sure there
> is an abundance of list management expertise on here.

On policy decisions, of course.  For operational decisions about the Web
site and email list, not really.  (Of course it can be argued that
operational decisions are rarely devoid of policy implications;
something that the IGC has argued long and often in a broader context.)

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Project Coordinator

Empowering Tomorrow’s Consumers
CI World Congress, 3-6 May 2011, Hong Kong Businesses, governments and
civil society are invited to join consumer groups from around the world
for four days of debate and discussion on the issues that matter most to
consumers. Register now!
http://www.consumersinternational.org/congress Twitter #CICongress
Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless
necessary.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org