[governance] New membership database: choose your own username

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Fri Jan 7 03:32:20 EST 2011

In message <1294313623.2420.3.camel at terminus-Aspire-L320>, at 19:33:43
on Thu, 6 Jan 2011, Jeremy Malcolm <jeremy at ciroap.org> writes

>Of course it can be argued that operational decisions are rarely devoid
>of policy implications; something that the IGC has argued long and
>often in a broader context.

Operational decisions should be rigorously based on published policy,
preferably agreed by the community.

But I suspect you are referring to Public Policy, which is something
else.

As an "old timer" [my hands-on operational Internet experience dates
back only to 1995, but I've been running online forums since 1984] I'll
always ask that things are done 'properly'.

We can discuss what that means, when the seemingly inevitable new
charter/policy discussion starts!
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org