RES: [governance] Is really Bulgarian Cyrillic . бг (.bg) similar to other Latin ccTLDs?

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Mon Jan 3 12:25:13 EST 2011

At 16:45 03/01/2011, George Todoroff wrote:
>Something has gone terribly wrong with my mailer, so I`m deeply sorry
>for double posting.
>
>I wanted to revive the thread, by sharing my comments after reading this
>news from today:
>  http://domainincite.com/icann-rejects-bulgarian-idn-info-request/
>
>I read the ICANN response at
>http://domainincite.com/docs/DIDP-Response-Bazlyankov-20101201-1.pdf and
>I believe that with this reply, ICANN
>ran over its policy of becoming more transparent. They have refused to
>share any details of how the decision to reject the Bulgarian IDN domain
>was taken, by actually citing legal reasons for non-transparency.

All this ICANN crap is only BS, just to stay very polite.

As I explained to you, ICANN carry no other weight than the one its
believers give to them. The whole Fast Track and gTLD processes are
based upon an undue forced respect of the International US policy and
the lapse of memory about RFC 1034/1035. I suggest you just forget
about them, work on the basis of a "6g" TLD, and gives time to the
IUse (Intelligent Use) emerging community to sort its acts together
(or may be join). The only International Network Character Set (INCS)
of reference can be a visual character set. It must be based upon a
transposition of RFC 5892 to ISO 10646 (to stay independent from
commercial interests associated in the US industry Unicode
consortium, whatever their competences and lacks). Then on a graphic
community sorting, together with all the organizations neededing a
visually secure graphic set of characters forms independent from the
script (police, banks, customs, immigrations, etc.) Such an INCS will
be used to register names in class 0 and defeat visual confusion.

jfc
http://iuse.eu
http://incsa.org/

     governance at lists.cpsr.org