[governance] New membership database: choose your own username

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Sun Jan 2 09:40:19 EST 2011

In message <E61F032C-9A08-431D-A3AA-2372C3442EEB at ciroap.org>, at
19:01:01 on Sun, 2 Jan 2011, Jeremy Malcolm <jeremy at ciroap.org> writes
>When registering, please use the same email address with which you are
>subscribed to the governance list.  This is important because it will
>enable me to flag you as an official IGC member (ie. one who voted in
>the last coordinator elections), if indeed you are one.  (If not,
>please register anyway - especially if you intend to vote at the next
>coordinator elections.)

Having registered and validated (an extra step not mentioned above) it
then says the account has to be "authorised". Which is perhaps why...

>Visiting the page above is also the way, from now on, to subscribe to
>or unsubscribe from the governance mailing list.  (Unfortunately due to
>software limitations, your password for the mailing list Web site won't
>be automatically set to the one you choose when creating your database
>entry - you'll need to set it again when logging in there, or use any
>password you may have had there before.)

... when it goes on to ask for a username and password, it doesn't
recognise either my username or email address (and, of course, I have no
password, or if I did it was forgotten years ago).

[This report sent to the list, in case others are puzzling over the same
issue].
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org