[governance] New membership database: choose your own username

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sun Jan 2 10:22:06 EST 2011

hi,

same experience.

my assumption is that Jeremy has set it up so that an admin, in this case Jeremy, has to approve us.

btw, I do not understand the statement in Jeremy's original note that this is the only way to subscribe to the email list.  has the list moved?  if not what stops direct subscription? and do we as a group want people to have to run a gauntlet to subscribe to the list?

i wonder to what degree is gate-keeping consistent with the letter and spirit of the IGC charter.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org