[governance] MAG meeting

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Sat Feb 26 11:44:39 EST 2011

Part of the confusion has to do with the criteria of gender balance.
Non-governmental membership was used to compensate for the lack or low
number of women on the government side. After the rotation rule of 1/3
per year was agreed, the black box started rotating out male MAG members
and selecting a higher number of women as new members to avoid the
dominance of men so typical in internet governance groups. Emily Taylor
and I were among those who benefited from this logic.

jeanette

     governance at lists.cpsr.org