[governance] MAG meeting

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Sat Feb 26 05:17:23 EST 2011

In message <p06240829c98de3cbcfad@[10.58.179.68]>, at 08:16:41 on Sat,
26 Feb 2011, Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> writes

>>almost no rotation in 2008, and a new influx of about 20 in 2009 who
>>join 16 people appointed in 2006 and 18 from 2007.
>
>I think there was a goal of one third per rotation.

Yes, there's a subtle difference between aiming for a 3yr tenure where
the longest-serving 1/3 retire each year, and replacing 1/3 of the
members.

There's a middle course, which is to put the longest-serving 1/3 "up for
re-selection", which could mean having a 6yr stint. And would give some
security of tenure to newly appointed people.

But as this is all happening inside a black box, we don't really know
what the methodology is.

--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org