[governance] China supports UK Internet Policy

Riaz K Tayob riaz.tayob at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 10:31:00 EDT 2011

In all of these issues there is the Human Rights requirement of
proportionality.

It is easy to turn it all off, or to violate the piracy of many. In what
circumstances would this be justified given the ambivalent nature of
technology (i.e. snooping and deep packet searching are technologies
that impose obligations on the state too, why cut when these are
available)? Funny how so much of this "spy" stuff is used to track
ordinary folk but can't catch a Madoff!

Riaz

     governance at lists.cpsr.org