[governance] Proposed workshop text on CSTD and/or Indian proposal

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 16:09:55 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 9:07 PM, Miguel Alcaine <miguel.alcaine at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I believe the three ideas (two proposed by Jeremy and the one proposed by
> McTim) are important.
>
> Reflection on the Indian proposal towards an IGF 2.0
> This kind of work will allow to pave the way towards real improvement of
> IGF.
>
> Evaluation of the CSTD WG on Improvements to the IGF
> This is interesting and convenient because the CSTD is the entry point of
> IGF into the intergovernmental machinery and an analysis could help to
> suggest ways to improve work within the framework of the CSTD.
>
> Real IG (I would suggest Current IG vis a vis meta IG)
> I believe the group (and many members) around this emailing list, as I have
> said before, has the capacity, expertise and capabilities to work and
> influence in what McTim calls real IG, which revolves around settings where
> current decisions are taken. A workshop presenting and discussing this issue
> will help clarifying the current mapping between foras, bodies, decisions
> and impacts, and might help a lot of uninitiated people.

Now that is not a bad idea at all.  Originally, I was thinking of very
specific topics (see my proposal about power that I just sent), but
this could be a very good way to do both capacity building on the
Internet Model/Ecosystem AND actually push/pull people into actual IG
processes.  I like it!

--
Cheers,

McTim