[governance] FW: Blogpost: Open Data: Empowering the

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 08:11:58 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 2:47 PM, jefsey <jefsey at jefsey.com> wrote:
> Eric,
>
> information is the difference between what you know and what you perceive,
> yet upto now people have considered information positively and confusion
> (contradiction between what you know and what you perceive), noise and
> disinformation as various forms of entropie (negative information). This
> helps ICANN (and many others).
>
> Actually, in the conceptual dimension of information the range is not from
> silence to information, but from maximum information loss to maximum
> information acquisition. Noise being structural, confusion unvolontary, and
> disinformation planned. The ICANN communication is semantically noisy using
> a model of network outside of common reality, confused by lack of common
> pertinence and of coherence resulting from its ambiguious charter (a tiny
> spot of the namespace it wants to make a golden mine for some), and
> instinctive disinformation to screen its lack of identifed deliverable. All
> this because they have nothing to actually sell and however a long term plan
> of survival expenses : the less we need them, the more they have to spend.
>
> They could however try to produce something useful people would really need.
> They have done something into that direction with the IANA but Google wants
> it.

I'm not parsing what you are saying here?

Are you talking about the dashboard?

http://forms.icann.org/idashboard/public/

Why would Google want this? or are you talking about the names n
numbers?  Why would Google want that?  Far too much headache for far
too little ROI IMHO.  They make Billions per quarter, DNS isn't
"profitable" compared to search,etc that Google does.

Please explain!

--
Cheers,

McTim