[governance] RE: Guidance sought on CSTD nominations and

Meryem Marzouki meryem at marzouki.info
Tue Oct 26 12:27:27 EDT 2010

Le 26 oct. 10 à 17:31, Roland Perry a écrit :

> In message <4CC5318D.20608 at apc.org>, at 09:28:13 on Mon, 25 Oct
> 2010, Anriette Esterhuysen <anriette at apc.org> writes
>
>> What do we know about the process of convening the CSTD working
>> group?
>
> The original plan, revealed in Vilnius, was to have some sort of
> public consultation during October (which is reportedly much
> delayed), then gather the WG in Geneva on the 24th November[1].
>
> The composition was to be 20 nominees from the Government sector
> and 10 each from Private Sector (ICC?) and Civil Society. The
> Internet Technical Community does not have its own stakeholder
> group of ten

I'm wondering whether this decision was argumented, or explained in
any way? Do we know whether entities usually understood as part of
the ITC have protested or undertaken any action - if only by taking
the floor at the Vilnius meeting where this was announced, or by
sending a letter afterwards, asking for explanation? For sure they
haven't remained silent. If so, have they got any answer?

Thanks.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org