[governance] RE: Guidance sought on CSTD nominations and

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Tue Oct 26 11:31:22 EDT 2010

In message <4CC5318D.20608 at apc.org>, at 09:28:13 on Mon, 25 Oct 2010,
Anriette Esterhuysen <anriette at apc.org> writes

>What do we know about the process of convening the CSTD working group?

The original plan, revealed in Vilnius, was to have some sort of public
consultation during October (which is reportedly much delayed), then
gather the WG in Geneva on the 24th November[1].

The composition was to be 20 nominees from the Government sector and 10
each from Private Sector (ICC?) and Civil Society. The Internet
Technical Community does not have its own stakeholder group of ten,
although from what I read on this list it is hoped that part of both of
the non-government groups will comprise individuals with that
background.

[1] That meeting is sandwiched in between the separately announced IGF
Open Consulation/MAG meeting and a regular CSTD inter-sessional panel
the following week, which includes WSIS follow-up on the agenda.

Assuming the IGF is renewed in a form which makes sense to continue the
work, there will be two further meetings of the WG in February and
March, to complete a report which will be put in front of the CSTD
annual session in May 2011 - and sent from there to ECOSOC, UN General
Assembly etc.
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org