[governance] consultations on enhanced cooperation

Jean Paul NKURUNZIZA nkurunziza1999 at yahoo.fr
Thu Oct 14 06:09:32 EDT 2010

Hello all,
I agree that we have to make a joint statement. One of the idea to put in would
be to criticise the law level of openess of that event.

 NKURUNZIZA Jean Paul
Burundi Youth Training Centre
www.bytc.bi

Tel : +257 79 981459

________________________________

>>> From: Ian Peter <ian.peter at ianpeter.com>
>>> Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 06:05:10 +1000
>>> To: <governance at lists.cpsr.org>, William Drake
>>> <william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch>
>>> Subject: Re: [governance] consultations on enhanced cooperation
>>>
>>> Agree with all the comments we should seek a joint icc/igc/isoc response if
>>> possible
>>>

>>> From: William Drake <william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch>
>>> Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 14:11:27 +0200
>>> To: Governance <governance at lists.cpsr.org>
>>> Subject: Re: [governance] consultations on enhanced cooperation
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I agree with Ginger, a boycott would raise few eyebrows and have little to
no
>>> impact.  Disengagement doesn't count for much when they're barely thinking
>>> about us in the first place.  If anything, it could be taken as evidence we
>>> don't care, or are too weak to even raise a voice.  In a similar vein, in
>>> Vilnius I had some IO secretariat people tell me that the lack of response
>>> ITU's online "consultation" a couple years ago concerning possible CS
>>> participation therein showed we were disinterested and pretty much
>>> irrelevant, hence no opening of ITU was needed.
>>>
>>> While coordination could be hard for various reasons, IGC might consider
>>> trying to work with the ICC and ISOC on this.  We've made common cause in
the
>>> past (mostly in WSIS) on process issues concerning the treatment of
non-state
>>> actors etc, and any joint effort would probably resonate much more loudly
>>> than CS complaining solo.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Bill

CSTD/