[governance] simple list subscribers was Re: [] IGC profile: some handfuls of people and a curmudgeon?

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Fri Oct 1 14:27:05 EDT 2010

On 1 Oct 2010, at 12:06, Meryem Marzouki wrote:

> Since the list subscribers turnover is not available to simple list subscribers like me,

did you ever ask anyone?

while the mailing lists do not contain the historical data, as one of those maintaining the list I have been taking yearly snapshot of the membership just in case it was necessary to back-up the list at anypoint.

as for whether single list subscribers can get a list of all of the subscribers, that would be a privacy issue.  if there was a decision in the group to make the subscribers list public, i expect the setting could be flipped to make it so.  I have never seen such a request.

as for the care and feeding of the list, while it is the co-coodirnator who are in charge of that, i do help them from time to time.  i have offered to resign from the task of several occasions.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org