[governance] IGF consultation starting

Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Tue Nov 23 13:23:33 EST 2010

On 11/23/2010 02:26 PM, Izumi AIZU wrote:
> well, thanks for the support, but the actual MAG discussion right now
> is getting into somewhat difficult areas for the selection of MAG members.
>
> Markus is trying to persuade that "triage" approach of each stakeholder
> making the final selection, instead of asking Secretary General to make
> final decision, may end up breaking the regional balance, thus may
> not be the recommended way forward.
>
> Many CS members are trying to push CS will select its own members.

Which should be obvious and natural, since this is basically how
business community members have been selected, I think. If the idea is
of a multistakeholder advisory group (hmm-hmmm, this is the *name* of
the thing!), then the stakeholders should select their own participants.
But...

--c.a.

--

Carlos A. Afonso