[governance] Markus to quit the IGF Secretariat

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Mon Nov 22 10:17:16 EST 2010

This morning, in the beginning, Markus announced that he is going to
"retire" from IGF secretariat.

The following is the script already on the IGF website.

izumi
----

Let me also take advantage of this opportunity to inform you what I
told several of
you personally already, that I will quit my present function in
January.  I had learned
a few months back that I reach U.N. retirement age next August, and after some
reflection, I came to the conclusion it would not make much sense
hanging on till
August, which will be shortly before the Nairobi meeting.

Our hosts, our presumptive hosts propose dates end of September.  So I
will leave
at the end of the first cycle, and the new team will be able to take over.

----
     governance at lists.cpsr.org