AW: [governance] Consensus Call for CSTD IGF Questionnaire -

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Fri Nov 19 15:40:15 EST 2010

Ok, rub it in....

But yeah pre-CSISAC, you might be invited in by OECD as a cs expert to participate in or contribute to a specific topic, with the blessing/backing of your home country, but all other docs and topics would generally be off-limits -since your expertise just granted you special dispensation to contribute to that topic.  Even if you were invited to show up at the meeting, docs on other topics were not for you. And certainly not the drafts.

Unless you repped the biz community, or labor, they had seats at the table with the big boys.

 Ok actually they have cheap seats too since only governments sit at the grownups table, but at least they were invited regularly into room.  OK now I am being too kind, the biz community gets its special welcome like one might expect, and might participate in drafting.

And that's all post-cold war thawing, in the good old days they treated a draft memo on info policy like it was a state secret, or inter-state secret.