[governance] FINAL? DRAFT statement on enhanced cooperation

Izumi AIZU aizu at anr.org
Thu Nov 11 20:22:17 EST 2010

Dear list,

As Jeremy tried hard, we wanted to meet the deadline to submit our
FIRST statement to CSTD open online consultation.

As some pointed out, yes reference to OECD has not been discussed
much, and it is included as a model of one of  the options.
Not the conclusive one.

While our poll is to ask you to support the statement entirely, and we did
not have the luxury of asking you section by section, please vote
if you are more less satisfied with the current text or not, and IF you do
support it with some reservation, please express that on the list specifically
so that we can recognize if there is "rough" consensus or not, and if we feel
appropriate we may make final adjustment [at our discretion].

We also will have the physical meeting on Nov 24 and can continue the
discussion till then so that we can deliver the second and better statement,
if so agreed at the next CSTD meeting in Geneva.

I have not discussed these ideas with Jeremy specifically as he is
busy departing by now, but I think Jeremy and I can come to the
reasonable conclusion for the
statement for now and proceed to the next step. This is just the beginning,
so we hope we can refine our ideas and strategies further more.

In any case, thank you so much for the rich debate and I think it is
worth to try to collect as diverse views as possible and then understand
each other and come closer.

Of course, we are open to listen to your further suggestions and critics.

izumi

2010/11/12 Jeremy Malcolm <jeremy at ciroap.org>:
> On 12-Nov-2010, at 2:37 AM, Katitza Rodriguez <katitza at eff.org> wrote:
>
>> The 1980 OECD Privacy Guidelines are guidelines, softlaw. They were used
>> as a model framework.
>

>> I will not appeal any call fyi, but I did not like the process of entering
>> a new text in the last moment. I never see that before.. I think is not a
>> nice style.
>
> If I didn't have a plane to catch and our deadline wasn't Monday, and if
> Parminder hadn't raised it at the last minute asking for much more sweeping
> changes than he got, then I could have done this with more nicety. As things
> stand probably neither Parminder nor McTim will support the statement (pure
> speculation), but actually that might mean that we've struck the perfect
>    governance at lists.cpsr.org

>    http://lists.cpsr.org/lists/info/governance

                        >> Izumi Aizu <<

                                  Japan