[governance] FINAL? DRAFT statement on enhanced cooperation

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Thu Nov 11 19:26:15 EST 2010

On 12-Nov-2010, at 2:37 AM, Katitza Rodriguez <katitza at eff.org> wrote:

> The 1980 OECD Privacy Guidelines are guidelines, softlaw. They were
> used as a model framework.

> I will not appeal any call fyi, but I did not like the process of
> entering a new text in the last moment. I never see that before.. I
> think is not a nice style.

If I didn't have a plane to catch and our deadline wasn't Monday, and
if Parminder hadn't raised it at the last minute asking for much more
sweeping changes than he got, then I could have done this with more
nicety. As things stand probably neither Parminder nor McTim will
support the statement (pure speculation), but actually that might mean
that we've struck the perfect medium.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org