[governance] FINAL? DRAFT statement on enhanced cooperation

Katitza Rodriguez katitza at eff.org
Thu Nov 11 13:37:38 EST 2010

The 1980 OECD Privacy Guidelines are guidelines, softlaw. They were used
as a model framework. And yes, they were successful. But it was not a
norm setting. That is why there is a lot of tension with the Council of
Europe (Convention 108) which is really a truly legally binding Treaty.

I will not appeal any call fyi, but I did not like the process of
entering a new text in the last moment. I never see that before.. I
think is not a nice style.

katitza at eff.org

     governance at lists.cpsr.org