[governance] FOURTH DRAFT statement on enhanced cooperation

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Wed Nov 10 01:02:06 EST 2010

On 10/11/2010, at 11:57 AM, McTim wrote:

>> Any other final suggestions for the version that goes to a consensus call?
>
> Can you answer my query about the "new mandate" language?
> I also object to the "a new and supplementary mandate." language.
> Where did that come from? Who would give such a mandate tot eh IGF?

It could be an outcome of the Enhanced Cooperation consultations.  Some suggest we should be strongly pushing for a new multi-stakeholder policy-making institution (eg. Parminder), and others (eg. Marilia, and me if I was not trying to be an impartial coordinator) see this body as being part of the IGF.  If so, this would require the "new and supplementary mandate".

Anyway, I can see that this is not going to make it into a consensus statement, so I'm going to be toning down the language as discussed.

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Project Coordinator

CI is 50
Consumers International marks 50 years of the global consumer movement in 2010.
Celebrate with us as we continue to support, promote and protect consumer rights around the world.
http://www.consumersinternational.org/50

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.