[governance] FOURTH DRAFT statement on enhanced cooperation

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Tue Nov 9 18:41:34 EST 2010

On 10/11/2010, at 2:40 AM, McTim wrote:

>> is to begin that paragraph with "If institutional changes are to be made, ...".
>
> Not much of a compromise if there are 3 examples of "things we could
> do in the future", while the "thing we are doing quite successfully
> already" gets left out.

Does anyone else prefer me to put back the "do nothing" option (ie. "making no institutional changes but encouraging organisations to enhance their own cooperation with other stakeholders and to report to the CSTD on their progress")?  Or more to the point, would anyone else (I know about Parminder) refuse to approve the statement if this went back in?

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Project Coordinator

CI is 50
Consumers International marks 50 years of the global consumer movement in 2010.
Celebrate with us as we continue to support, promote and protect consumer rights around the world.
http://www.consumersinternational.org/50

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.