[governance] Very neutral statement on enhanced cooperation

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Wed Nov 3 07:22:58 EDT 2010

On 03/11/2010, at 4:22 PM, JFC Morfin wrote:

> As I hinted in talking of a moon in the governance sky, we need to change ourselves first if we do not understand what one expects from us. There is time to first define our area of responsibility, what civil society means, and the legitimacy, pertience and competence it gives us to address people's private, civil and public needs.
>
> Sorry if I knocked at the wrong door. My need is for addressing the real life impact on public issues of the technology fondamental metachange we have obtained (RFC 5890-5895). The important  thing is not the metachange (it was implied in the technology) but the intergovernmental assessment of what real life should look like from their current perspective.

Certainly you are not alone in suggesting that the IGC needs to get more practical and to better engage with broader communities.  But it sounds like this is (valid, and important) input for the IGC working groups, rather than a suggestion for drafting of our statement to the upcoming enhanced cooperation consultation, correct?

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Project Coordinator

CI is 50
Consumers International marks 50 years of the global consumer movement in 2010.
Celebrate with us as we continue to support, promote and protect consumer rights around the world.
http://www.consumersinternational.org/50

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.