[governance] Our strategy, work plan and outreach

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 04:14:50 EDT 2010

Hello,

I don't see why we should follow sequential flow strategy->working plan
->outreach vs parallel flow, I think that Izumi mentioned having
facilitators in each group who ,I guess, are tasked to
coordinate between the different groups permitting intercommunication
between them. and task like outreach is loosely coupled to strategy
(outreach should be permanent and not limited in time)

I agree with McTim about working in those different space that he mentioned,
e.g W3C and IAB organize jointly a workshop about privacy a topic which
interest many IGC members, how can we participate there? what about RIRs etc
. but we need to explore what we can do there in regard of our resources.

I think a separate list make more sense and work more easy and smooth. the
lists will be definitely public and open to everybody to join. for topic
like strategy many threads will be probably started and having a defined
list is more appropriate. the facilitators or leaders of each group should
report to the whole list regularly and the co-coordinators will be present
anyway.

Rafik