[governance] Our strategy, work plan and outreach

Imran Ahmed Shah ias_pk at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 02:26:57 EDT 2010

Internet Governance Caucus

Proposed Agenda
for
Strategy Working Group

November 3, 2010
In order to start working on the strategy, I would propose the steps:
1.       First step should be the assessment of the current position of the IGC
on the WISIS IGF mandate.
2.       Second Step may be the Evaluation of the IGC Members, in other words
the assessment of the Strength of the Caucus. (i.e. no doubt very strong.)
3.       Third step may be the evaluation of the Global Trend and Future
Development Requirement Analysis. This must include the evaluation of the
current opportunities, Cyber-Security, Stability, Threats and Risks elements of
the Internet Governance. (Ref. Para 72-a: Discuss public policy issues related
to key elements of Internet governance in order to foster the sustainability,
robustness, security, stability and development of the Internet). Following the
desire of the Mr Wolfgang, we should try to avoid the reinvention of the wheel.
We can make a list of hot and most Critical Issues.
4.       Define the strategic plan to achieve next level of the common goals,
following the charter and (above listed steps) gap analysis, and to overcome on
the areas of lacking attention. Action Plan may be devised for each quarter. As
desired by Mr Izumi, shorter and recent targets may by fixed for Nov/Dec 2010,
then for each quarter of 2011.
5.       Finally the monitoring and review mechanism on the Action Plans (given
to the second group and third group).

Thanking you and Best Regards

Imran Ahmad Shah

Founder & Executive Member