[governance] [2 of 6] How best to nominate non governmental members

Katitza Rodriguez katitza at eff.org
Thu Jun 10 15:22:45 EDT 2010

A few more points:

Civil Society has little resources individuals and NGOs (even those NGOs
who has staff) while the other stakeholders has staff with funding to do
their job. Therefore, we need to coordinate more to distribute tasks and
be able to be as effective as the others with the little resources we have.

Communication: I would like to see a more active roles of the
facilitators within the MAG (this can help give directions of the list)
of how to influence and how to participate within this IGF process.

I am afraid that we are creating spaces where civil society might not be
able to be there (due to an honest lack of capacity, etc), and we are
creating some national IGF without the full compositions (or civil
society participation) that is needed.

Katitza Rodriguez
International Rights Director
Electronic Frontier Foundation
katitza at eff.org
katitza at datos-personales.org (personal email)

Please support EFF - Working to protect your digital rights and freedom of speech since 1990

     governance at lists.cpsr.org