[governance] Less than 10% of IPv4 Addresses Remain

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 22 09:18:45 EST 2010

The only error that was made here was the assumption that developed nations were in control and controlling these things.  It is more accurately a closed club of globetrotting elitist carpetbaggers that control these things.  The right to speak may in some way be tolerated.  But there is no way a right for individuals in the civil society to be heard or have a vote. Even on this list, if Ginger is offended you are cut off.  Of course at ApNic it is not tolerated to be a non-cadre member.

--- On Fri, 1/22/10, Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> wrote:

Individuals pay what the ISPs decide the market will support.

>The perception you shared is what is commonly shared amongst the
>Internet community from the developed world. Its not an apple pie for
>us, really, we have some really tough problems here.

I think you are wrong. And McTim works in
developing countries building networks with the
resources you're talking about. I think he thinks
you're wrong too.

Adam