[governance] IGC statement Para 2 REVISION 2.x

Sivasubramanian Muthusamy isolatedn at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 11:15:50 EST 2010

Hello All,

If these three names are counted out, Civil Society has a total of 23 names
which would make it 34% and if ITC is counted as Business, then it is 25, 23
and 22 members elected from Government, Civil Society and Business
respectively, amounting to 35%, 33% and 31% which is balanced enough.

Are these three names counted as Civil Society by McTim or have they been
elected as representatives of Civil Society? It would certainly be a matter
of concern if they are seen by MAG as representatives of Civil Society as it
would be an indication of civil society seats taken by Business.

I have a question: Are these broad classifications sufficient to group the
universe of participants? How accurate are these classifications? Do all
stakeholders fit into a total of three stakeholder classes? For instance how
do we classify members from the Press or from the academia? Members from
academia are part of civil society with the rationale that they are neither
government or business. But this could be a distinct stakeholder group as a
group that is possibly balanced within itself.  Along this line of thinking,
do we have to think of more than three stakeholder groups?

Sivasubramanian Muthusamy
http://www.isocmadras.com
facebook: http://is.gd/x8Sh
LinkedIn: http://is.gd/x8U6