[governance] WG: Concern for the future of civil society re IGF

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 16 12:34:14 EST 2010

Block movement. Pontificate all the complexities. Show how hard all this is. Give sage advice out of a book. Without stating it, show us how up you are on all subjects.  Claim too busy and important to participate here -- but obstruct.  The word pompous comes to mind.

Any logical mind would have grasped the wording being drafted for the conclusion of the document.  He cannot draft a document saying "we have not reached consensus". It is amazing when truly gifted wise people are so socially ignorant to say; "I am too busy to contribute but I have all the time in the world to give advice and tell you what is wrong"

Here we have the logic: There is no rough consensus because I say so.  The theory that because people are silent they do not agree is for malcontents and egotists that feel they have not gotten the credits they deserve. Clearly the burden is on those who do not agree to say so.Silence is acquiescence, combined with voluntary membership is support.  This elitism is contageous. And it builds itself when the elitists join together and give each other awards and public Kudos.

(this reminds me of an American President getting a peace prize while he is sending 30,000 off to war --- He may be great, he may be righteous -- but he damn sure ain't peaceful)  Someone might say great things and be supersmart, but if he does not contribute he is not helpful.