[governance] REVISION 2 Draft statement to UNSG on bypassing

Deirdre Williams williams.deirdre at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 18:52:56 EST 2010

Leaned on by Lee to put my money where my mouth is :-) I offer this revision
for consideration. I have taken Jeremy's original that Parminder commented
on at the beginning of this thread, and added my suggestions, paragraph by
paragraph, in blue. Most of the words are really Jeremy's.
I have done nothing to the 2 ECOSOC paragraphs which still seem to be under
discussion.
I have tried to make phrases enclosed in inverted commas refer verbatim to
the Tunis Agenda with the paragraph reference.
I am concerned about the inclusion of the word "equal" - see the part in
red. I cannot find the word in the Tunis Agenda (in the context where we use
it), and it is very loaded language. We certainly should NOT make it appear
to be a quotation if it does not appear in the original.
Deirdre