[governance] FW: [] ICANN President: $750,000+$195,000 bonus vs

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Sun Feb 14 08:38:41 EST 2010

Hi,

You compare ICANN to profit making corporations.  I do not think that is appropriate.

ICANN should be compared to an NGO as a non profit for the good of the public corporation.  By and large, it is not considered proper to pay CEOs more then $500,000 in this environment - and when it happens, it is controversial.  Even American Red Cross only pays 	around 500,000 per year.  And we cannot say the work of ICANN is more complex or more important than that.

Of course JP Morgan's Partners HealthCare Systems in Boston takes home $2.7 million, so if ICANN is more like the healthcare industry then like a stewardship NGO, there is a ways to grow yet.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org