[governance] Re: Final score in CSTD consultations ??

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 21:35:15 EST 2010

Hi John,

I could be mistaken, but it appears to reference the DESA  "Open
> Consultations on the process towards Enhanced Cooperation on International
> Public Policy Issues pertaining to the Internet" on December 14th as opposed
> to CSTD working group on IGF improvement.  The ISOC quote is clearly from
> their Enhanced Cooperation submission. I point it out only in case someone
> speaks to member of the press, you might want to refer them to both of the
> hearings that occurred this week as key events.

the timing is interesting as the article was posted in 17th December, (
there is also this post
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/12/plans-panel-governments-set-policies-policing-internet/
 )

>  As we're seeing similar direction in multiple UN forums, the article's
> sentiment is likely equally applicable in either case... ;-)
> /John
>
> we cannot complain that media and journalists are confused in particular if
they are not following IG stuff closely :)

Rafik