[governance] Re: Final score in CSTD consultations ??

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Dec 17 21:25:56 EST 2010

On Dec 17, 2010, at 8:17 PM, Rafik Dammak wrote:

hello,

sounds some media are interested by the issue under titles like "UN to control Internet"
http://www.npr.org/2010/12/17/132144972/U-N-Delegates-Debate-Control-Of-Internet?sc=tw&cc=share

Regards

Rafik

I could be mistaken, but it appears to reference the DESA  "Open Consultations on the process towards Enhanced Cooperation on International Public Policy Issues pertaining to the Internet" on December 14th as opposed to CSTD working group on IGF improvement.  The ISOC quote is clearly from their Enhanced Cooperation submission. I point it out only in case someone speaks to member of the press, you might want to refer them to both of the hearings that occurred this week as key events.

As we're seeing similar direction in multiple UN forums, the article's sentiment is likely equally applicable in either case... ;-)
/John