[governance] Draft IGC statement at CSTD IGF Consultation Friday

Baudouin SCHOMBE b.schombe at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 05:40:46 EST 2010

a) Need for "enhanced"  (not degraded) multistakeholder approach
<I plan to put answers to the following questions – you provide, hopefully>

- Why multistakeholder so important?
*
**1. The implementation of the Geneva Plan of Action requires a working
synergybetween all actors in the country: governments, public sectors, civil
society, international organizations, regional and subregional agencies and
the UN system, some were designated as coordinators for the implementation
of the chapters of this action plan.
2.The exponential growth of digital technology requires that there be
a constant
and regular dialogue between all these actors to capitalize on experience
andminimize the negative use of this technology.
3.The objectives stipulated in the processes of the World Summit on
theInformation
Society are the result of a long international cooperation and who wanted that
digital technology can be a corrective to all development programsthat have
not have succeeded* *.
*
- What are the specific benefits of MSH approach for Internet
governance itself and discussing about Internet governance such as
CSTD IGF WG

*-the issues debated since the first meeting of the IGF prove sufficiently
that the Geneva Action Plan completed by the Tunis Agenda has not yet
reached 50% of its achievements, more specifically, in countries development.
African governments have yet to master these processes and still can not
properly bind digital technology and development. **MSH approach fills many
gaps in control, communication and the realization of this technology, in
particular, the chapters 1,2,5,6,7,8,9,10 RAP Geneva.*

- What are the specific risks or problems of excluding
non-governmental actors in the process

*-**The non-governmental actors develop 85% local projects in developing
countries to benefit populations. **They participate in all meeting
national, subregional, regional and international ICT-related. They help to
inform policy makers on ICT policies and their implementation.
They raise funds for the implementation of ICT projects while creating
laboratories for technological solutions adapted to each environment**

*Baudouin